3.01.2012

blue skies are coming.

i love blogs. i love reading about other peoples lives. seeing what they're doing. how they're doing things.
i even love to write in my own.
but i rarely write in my own blog. and i think it has to do with some kind of fear.
i think if i don't have something great or exciting or profound to say that...
well, i don't know what. someone won't like it? maybe.
i also think i resort to vague and funny facebook status updates so people don't actually know what's going on in my life. not that everyone needs or wants to know, but i think there's something to be said for authenticity and humility.
i don't want to portray my life as picture perfect because it's not.
it's messy. and i'm assuming that's ok because everyone else's lives are messy too.
i've been inspired by some of my friends like meghan and stephanie and laura and others who write regularly about real life things.
so, expect to see more of me on here. i hope...

today i've been oh so encouraged by the sunshine.
the last two weeks have been long. and stressful. and so cold.
these blue skies are reminding me of grace. of light at the end of the tunnel. of promise.

No comments: